Position Available – Operations Team Leader
Kalamazoo Flower Group is seeking candidates to become team leaders for our distribution warehouse in Galesburg, MI. This is an hourly wage, seasonal position beginning mid-March and ending in late October. Weekly hours will vary from 30 hours (M-F) to a peak of 70+ hours (M-Sat), depending on shipping schedule. Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Operations Team Leaders are responsible for setting up and monitoring daily tasks for their team, directing and working with their team, and keeping their team on task. Ideal candidates will be self motivated, able to multitask, communicate well with others, and have an ability to train and direct others while working alongside them. Candidates should be able to patiently but persistently lead their respective teams, while also communicating with management to effectively resolve issues.
Candidates should be reliable and dedicated to the goal of meeting daily shipping needs, while cohesively leading their team. It is expected that Operations Team Leaders will be the “first to arrive and the last to leave” to make sure the job gets done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking in loads as they arrive from the greenhouse
- Working with front office to assist in processing paperwork for loads
- Work with other Operations Leaders to help process their orders
- Working side by side with their team to prepare shipments for loading and unloading
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, climb stairs, stand for long periods and maneuver a full flower cart (on wheels).
- Must be available days, evenings (as needed based on the shipping schedule), and weekends and holidays in the peak seasons.
- Must be flexible in their daily schedule to allow for 12-15+ hour days during peak times.
- Must be 18+ years of age and have a H.S. diploma or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) candidates are preferred, but not required.